Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I attempted to use my DVR to watch a movie and in my

Customer Question

I attempted to use my DVR to watch a movie and in my attempts to get my 4 month old 60 in. Westinghouse TV to respond I lost all normal TV and when I viewed the movie it was only in black and white.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I can't find the model number. However, the TV is a 60 inch Westinghouse that I bought from Target in October and the manual Is WD55UT 4490.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu Works, but seems to respond slowly and this is true on all sources/inuts
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This occurred yesterday EVENING When I attempted to watch a movie on my DVR. The sours\ce function did not respond at first.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can only add that I have cable.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.