Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic television and cannot turn off the Closed

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Panasonic television and cannot turn off the Closed Captioning. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I'll check and be back in 30 seconds.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is a VIERA, about 10 years old (great TV). I've used the Setup command on the remote. The Closed Captioning command indicates an "Off" condition, but that's obviously not the case.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for your service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: It's not the $5, but I am leery of sending my credit card information online, so I'll keep trying to fix this until I give up. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me how you are getting your channels? (antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box, etc)?