Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot change channels, Samsung BN68-04027A-03 Cannot

Customer Question

I cannot change channels
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Samsung BN68-04027A-03 Cannot change channels with remote. Has happned twice in last two days.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works. AV/AUX works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue for two days. Nothing special happend prior. But my wife has alzhiemers and may have pressed any number of buttons on the remote.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me if you're using a Cable Box with the set, and also what remote you normally use to change channels (Samsung or cable provided remote)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Simply send a reply and we can get this sorted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have a cable box. using remote provided with box.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have a cable box. Using remote provided with box.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no change
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Well if you're unable to change channels. all channels are processed in your cable box so you would need to contact your cable company at this stage since they own the equipment.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.