Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an RCR5048 BR 4 in 1 remote and it turns on and off

Customer Question

I have an RCR5048 BR 4 in 1 remote and it turns on and off the tv and channels but when I push the source button I cannot move between input devices
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Westinghouse television model UW32SC1W and it has been happening since I got the universal remote
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works, I only have the tv inputted and it is always on cable but I don't have cable tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue for two weeks. Right before this happened I was using cable and put in a roku device and then it started happening I now have a gaming console and cannot get to HDMI2 either
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It is a Westinghouse tv model number UW32SC3W. It has been happening for about a month when I got rid of cable and got a roku device.
Expert:  Louie replied 23 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...4 in 1 remote..."

Still, the described concern appears to be a compatibility issue and/or incorrect code programmed into the universal remote.

And, the simplest is to use an original remote. Please click HERE and HERE should you consider.