Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am unable to launch/start Netflix from my smart tv-- it

Customer Question

I am unable to launch/start Netflix from my smart tv-- it says the app needs to be updated, but when I hit update it tells me that it is unavailbe
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: 49UH6500-ub
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it is connected to the internet-- it will not let me launch any apps Netflix, amazon prime, I can access my Uverse cable that's all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got the TV 2 months ago, I've never tried to launch the apps before today. It just keeps telling me the app needs to be updated and when I try to update , it clocks then tell me the LG store is unavailable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello Cathy,

Can you try going into the tv setup menu, under the network settings, and first check that it is connected to the internet/network.

If so, look for the Manual Setup (advanced setup) options in networking (after picking your wifi connection), and then under DNS change that to 8.8.8.8 and let me know if you can update at that point.

Thanks,