Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My picture is wider then the screen, E67, Menu works but no

Customer Question

My picture is wider then the screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: E67
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works but no AV mode
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since I bought it new. I have lived with it because manual was not with TV. I have company who it bothers because football score is off screen
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.