Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sharp acquos 52 inch + cable tv box + BOSE home theatre

Customer Question

sharp acquos 52 inch + rogers cable tv box + BOSE home theatre system = picture and cable controlled by bose remote, but no sound from bose speakers - do I need an optical cable to connect tv to bose ? cime
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: lc-52D85U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works on sharp remote - what should the settings be ?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: tring to connect in a Google Chrome device in to cast video and audio from PC
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm convinced it is either a setting on the TV or a setting on the Bose that is preventing the sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Offhand, I don't know what cabling you ARE using from the Bose to the TV- can you reply back with that?

Also, any idea what model Bose home theater you have (they make dozens of models)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
bose av321 III media centre
cables : coax to cable box, hdmi to tv, optical back from tv to bose
bose is acoustimass plus two satellite speakers, it has buil-in cd, dvd( not bluray). am, fm, aux (RCA connectors)
using bose media centre remote to control power, input, tv channel and volume, ( not using sharp tv remote, nor cable box remote to control anything)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
texting is fine thx
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** has opted out. Are you getting sound on any other sources on Bose? Are you connecting this for the first time, or is this a new problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
fixed never mind