Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 32" vizio smart Tv. This is our remote tv in the

Customer Question

I have a 32" vizio smart Tv. This is our remote tv in the bed room. Had Dish tech out yesterday and could not connect to the main Dish box. He told me to exchange the tv and I did this morning. Same Vizio tv. When I get back home will I have the same problem? He told me to set the tv to channel 60. The old tv never saw channel 60.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it at Wal Mart a week ago. It out in my truck. Can you hold on, it will only take a momemt.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, the other channel I can pick up and they are really clear. Out to get the model
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is glass model number d32x - d-series
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well on christmas eve I hook everything up and followed the instructions. No matter what I tried did not work. I did the scan channels, tried to add channel 60 and etc. Even the Dish tech did not have a solution.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There's something simple causing this, and the DISH tech simply doesn't know the TV. I need to ask for some more info:

How specifically is the DISH box connected to the TV- is it using an HDMI cable, RCA color-coded cables, or a single coaxial cable please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need help with the question you posted, simply send a reply back.