hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have a Panasonic PT-50lc13 that's not connecting to a hdmi

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic PT-50lc13 that's not connecting to a hdmi to vga cable and I am trying to connecting to my laptop. its showing there is a signal, but nothing shows on screen.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: PT-50lc13 is the model and Ive trying changing the outlets and using different channels
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I just got the TV today and the menus are not working with either sources/inputs. All I have is my HDMI cable attached to my laptop
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing is happening at the moment. And I had just bought this TV today from a Salvation Army. I just turned it on not to long ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I guess
Category: TV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 months ago.

Hello there, the problem is that HDMI is digital and VGA is analog. For HD (1920x1080) signals, you would need to connect the DVI-D socket on the back of the TV to the HDMI socket on the laptop using a converter cable like this click me

​It is hard to see the type of DVI-D connector that is on the back of the TV but I am assuming it is female so this cable will work. Similarly I am assuming that the HDMI socket on the laptop is also female.