Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Trying to connect rocket fish port to port switcher to my lg

Customer Question

Trying to connect rocket fish port to port switcher to my lg tv because there is only one HDMI outlet. I want to hook up a fire TV stick but all I am getting is "invalid format" on my tv
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, I haven't tried turning tv off...the Firefox is new and the switcher does work on my Sony tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, same problem on all inputs and tv menu works just fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time as this is the first time I have ever had the fire tv stick. I took the switcher off my sony tv where it was working just fine because I needed an additional hdmi port on my lg
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how can I get my lg to recognize my firetvstick
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Have you tried connecting the Firestick directly to the HDMI port?