Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I have a 61 inch DLP samsung. I had it connected to a tuner

Customer Question

hi, I have a 61 inch DLP samsung. I had it connected to a tuner and used surround sound. I got rid of the surround sound and now I have no sound. I tryed the mute and went into the sound on menu and cant get the sound. any ideas it would be appreciated
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung model HLR6168WX/XAA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes when I try to put the volume up on the tv screen it shows the bar chart as if it goes up and down put no sound comes out of tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the tv worked fine. I removed the surround sound and moved the tv to a different location without the surround sound and now the sound doesnt work
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me what is connected to the set right now for sources (cable box/SAT box, DVD. etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Have you gone into the Sound MENU on the Samsung yet and scrolled down to "Reset" and tried that? Additionally the reason I asked what was connected to the set, is that oftentimes the audio cables are routed from the cable box, etc. to the surround setup. So I wanted to make sure the TV even had audio cabling from the sources to the TV. Let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I only have a cable box that connects to tv with hdmi cable. Went into sound menu on tv but have no reset choice
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

According to your manual you do and it's all the way at the bottom of the options? Try to move over to the options and keep scrolling down.

Also, try a reboot of your cable box but shutting the TV off, unplug the cable box power cord for 10 seconds, plug it back in. After a minute turn on the TV and when the box finishes rebooting, turn on the TV and check for sound. Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, the reset is once you select Audio, then MODE, click OK and then it's at the bottom of the options.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I am not available by phone. Please read my last two replies, let me know where you're at, and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me here??

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no audio on my menu. I went to mode but that only takes me to tv,cable,dvr.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I even posted the link to your manual above. You need to follow the manual, and you also need to be using your original Samsung remote. What MENU are you trying to get into now that doesn't match your manual?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Audio= Sound. Go to Sound in your MENU. Reference the manual as well as it shows you the options. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the original remote. You didnt sent me the website for the manual
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to follow those steps, and are you still having the same problem?

If so, your next step would be to perform a reboot of that cable box as mentioned above. Let me know if you've done that yet.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not getting anywhere. Manuel is alittle different from my svreen settings
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay and you never mentioned rebooting the box, which I suggested twice. So did you do that or not?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i rebooted the box. Same results
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, I tried to call you but there was no answer. Please reply with a time that you will be available for me to call you back so I can help you further.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They told me he wasnt available to call. And i accepted for them to vall me after they daid i was neing charged the $26. My problem syill isn't resolved they weren't helpful

I can call you anytime you need, I am a different technician.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks anyhow. Ill just re-connect the surround sound. I figure it out myself

Ok great!

If you me further Im always here ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks

You're welcome Happy Holidays!

Tech Michael