Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How doI make the DVD player work with my TV? Samsung

Customer Question

How doI make the DVD player work with my TV?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung LN-S4092D and DVD player
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV is about 3 years old-
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened-just hardly ever use the DVD player and want to use it now-
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything?!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Is this a new setup you are connecting now or it is already done and was working prior to this ?
Also ,Could you please give me the dvd`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not a new setup. Was working previously. Just need to know what buttons to push on thecremotes(Comcast) to make the DVD player work! I will get the model number now-
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model DWM-400
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

O.k then just go to the tv`s lower right side and press the SOURCE button repeatedly to toggle through the various inputs until you get to the dvd player .

Just make sure it is turned on first and better yet playing .

To get back to comcast do the same again.

The comcast remote may or may not enable you to do this

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

The comcast remote may have a button called either SOURCE ,INPUT ,TV/VIDEO or evn VIDEO SOURCE and you would have to first press the TV button at the top to operate that

Probably easier directly on the tv

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE , it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Thank you and Happy holidays

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that