Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

TV suddenly has no sound. Never before. It's a Sharp I will

Customer Question

TV suddenly has no sound.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: Never before. It's a Sharp I will check model #
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 20D42U. It's the only one in the home that has this problem. The others are downing fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Watching it earlier today - then turned off and left the house for about two hours. When it was turned back on ---no sound.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We get input through Direct TV but they were no help at all on the phone. Nothing has changed. Nothing on the set was changed from the time we watched in the a.m. until now. Is there a charge for this??
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the TV Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: AH. Well, I'd rather not enter credit card info online, so Id better pass.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Linda, could you tell me if this happens on all inputs (antenna, cable/satellite, dvd, etc)?