Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

LC-40LE433U My main board wen out and I replaced it. Worked

Customer Question

LC-40LE433U My main board wen out and I replaced it. Worked fine for about 10 minutes then TV shut Down completely (No Lights) I unplugged and waited about 10 minutes plugged back in and worked again for about ten minutes and same happened again
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: LC-40LE433U ASharp Sharp
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes menu Works Only use one input HDMI 3 Got it to come back up and left it to burn with no input and same thing happened again
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Please read above Main board wen out no inputs worked. I got a new Main board and replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

That was the site auto assistant you were chatting with. I am the tech helping you.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

That said, you mentioned there are currently no signs of life on the TV, but then said that Yes- the MENU works. Can you elaborate on that?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Also, what were the original symptoms BEFORE you replaced the Mainboard? Additionally where did you purchase that board from?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess I have to start over.... Main (input) Board went out and I replaced After replacing everything worked fin for about 10 minutes and then TV shut down completely (No Lights) Unplugged for 10 minutes came back to life for 10 Minutes then same happened. Removed all inputs unplugged again waited 10 minutes for caps to discharge and came back again. about 10 minutes shut down fully again'
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
IS there some kind of master reset that needs done I have read about in several forums.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

There sure isn't a master reset. No, I read all of that. I'm not asking those questions. Let me try again:

1) What were the ORIGINAL symptoms of the Mainboard going out (the first one- like, what did the TV do or not do)?

2) Secondly, just to clarify- after the 10 minutes it runs for- it shuts DOWN- no lights, no MENU, no nothing, correct?

3) WHERE did you purchase the replacement mainboard from?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There were no symptoms before main board went out One day turned on and screen said to run channel scan (I only use HDMI 3) would not recognize video on any input got new main board fixed the no input problem howeve now keeps TOTALLY shutting off after about 10 minute have to unplug wait plug back in to come to life
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Got Board from Shop Jimmy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No Lights when shuts down (it's not going to sleep)