Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My television develops a double screen after it comes,

Customer Question

My television develops a double screen after it comes, usually within 5 minutes. It is a 32" flat screen model with HD
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

So you are seeing 2 images, both the full picture but shrunk down to fit half the space?

What inputs does this happen on (cable/satellite, dvd, etc)?

If you bring up the toshiba menu screens, do those show doubled too, or are they ok?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cable and other tvs work fine from that site. The menus were the same as the picture
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean just that cable is working on other tvs, but not on this one?

So it happens on the toshiba regardless of what you are watching (cable, dvd, etc, as well as menus).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is silly. I am charged $51 and now you want another $35 for a phone call when I could have done that the 1st time. What's next?? No thanks we are done
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

No

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

That is not sent by me.

Can you please answer my last question, and then I can provide you an answer here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I am simply asking you to confirm that this happens on multiple inputs on the toshiba, as well as the menus.

The performance of other tvs or cable service on other tvs is not relevant to this issue.