Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have a lg plasma 50ps80ed today we switched on there is

Customer Question

We have a lg plasma 50ps80ed today we switched on there is power but no picture just a big click noise and then it turns off 😪
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No we HAVNT tried but did go out and come back hang on I will try now no red light came on then white light then off without a click
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No tv menu it's just blank
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened this morning the picture actually froze and hubby turned it back onto find now we have no picture
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's about all I think
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having problems here please try a replug from wallpower let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What rep lug this into another socket

Yes but first unplug from wallpower wit 5 mins then replug into another socket let me know if there is any change

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No same thing happens it clicks on light comes on then just nothing

There is unf a problem with one of the scan boards now how old is the set please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No just did it again there is no standby either red light is not on at all just going to white light and then off
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
October 2009

Its a problem with a scan board or the powerboard now if you can do work yourself (use a meter are practical) I can help you with replacing a board(s) estimated costs for this is about $150 .Its not a good idea to involve a technician with a set of this age however if you need one www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help, sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This plasma has a hard drive also in it

Yes some do , it doesnt change the diagnosis I am afraid

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nah you have helped heap,I'm a fixer would rather that money than thousands
Cheers Janine

OK Janine

Many Thanks

Anthony