Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I purchased a 42 inch flat screen tv that did not have a

Customer Question

I purchased a 42 inch flat screen tv that did not have a remote. I am having a hard time pressing the button on the side and now that I have it on I'm afraid to turn it off. I did purchase a universal remote for it. I do have it hooked up to cable and a "no signal" is showing on the screen.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model number is ***** IT SEEMS TO BE FAIRLY NEW. I think the family was getting a divorce.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I had the tv on and laid it flat so that I could get the model number, now it is off. I am trying to press the little symbol that look like a power symbol (no intentions just smooth all over. It does have menu,volume, channel and the word imput on the side.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Before what popped up? There is no indication that the tv is on at this point. It was actually on before I turned it over to get you the serial no.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is this going to cost me if I do or don't get it to working?
JA: It's only $5 .
Customer: Good deal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony