Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Just had a power surge and my Samsung plasma wont turn back

Customer Question

Just had a power surge and my Samsung plasma wont turn back on. It's mounted on the wall so really hard to get behind it.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure its a 65 in Samsung Plasma. Where will I find the info for model no. We got in February 2013
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It wont power up at all. Everything else is working.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It must of been a power surge because the power went out in that part of the house. Checked my meter and turned it back on, Everything else has powered up.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm in Australia if that makes a difference?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use thephone call option this will go to a board for another tech to takeup, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No nothing

I am assuming you are hearing no clicks from the set at all

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set (that also means taking the set to a known good wallsocket and bypassing any surge protector) the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Sorry its nothing easier

Regards

Anthony

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 days ago.

Do you need anymore help with this please?

Anthony