Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I just bought a 4k uhd w/hdr. It is Lg 65UH6030 we sit 17'

i just bought a 4k uhd w/hdr. It is Lg 65UH6030 we sit 17' from TV and cant change that, the difference I notice most is deeper black. Is there that much difference in a suhd tv and this one. I bouht this one foe $699 from Fry's and am trying figure out if it is worth the extra money to upgrade

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Bill,

SUHD is really more of a marketing term, denoting their premium line up, it is a better quality lcd panel with more colors and has hdr and dolbyvision, and a higher refresh rate and smoother processing.

The black levels are not going to be significantly better on a suhd.

Lower contrast and weak black levels are inherent to all lcd based tvs like this. To truly improve on that you'd either need an old and obsolete plasma, or a new OLED. I'd go with an OLED over a "suhd" model, but the cost difference is another order higher than between uhd and suhd: http://amzn.to/2gAbvhY

I would not expect a big difference going to a suhd, if anything I'd put my money into getting a bigger tv instead. At that distance, you'd benefit more from a 70 or 75 inch screen than you would from deeper blacks.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.