Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The Hanspree TV: power light is blinking red, remote control

Customer Question

The Hanspree TV: power light is blinking red, remote control does not work, unable to turn TV on manually. Is the TV no longer useful?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Hanspree Television: power light is red and blinking; cannot turn on TV with remote control nor manually. Is this TV no longer any good?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: As stated in previous message, The TV is Hanspree. I have unplugged it for several minutes not hours.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu does not work. The Roku devise lights but on different power source.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A power outage or surge.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have looked through the manual but none of the trouble shooting tips seem to work.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Can you please get me the model number of of the back of the Hanspree TV?

Also, how long have you owned this for and when did the problem occur (after a storm, power outage, etc.)?