Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I own a Sony LCD digital color TV Bravia and have tried to

Customer Question

I own a Sony LCD digital color TV Bravia and have tried to install HDMI cord but find that both ports are already in use by Comcast. How do I install the third HMDI cord?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what the third HDMI cord goes to, but if you're saying that you have three cables you need to connect, and only two ports- then what you need is an HDMI splitter/switch.

Connect all three HDMI cables to the INPUTS of the switch, and then run one HDMI from the output of the switch to the TV. Then you will simply use the switch buttons to toggle between HDMI 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I am puling up a link to that switcher for you right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

That is the only way to connect 3 HDMI cables to a TV that only has 2 HDMI ports.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?