Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We've had a lot of problems with our 48" Samsung. When we

Customer Question

We've had a lot of problems with our 48" Samsung. When we first got it, one of the major parts inside malfunctioned after just a few months, and even now it cuts off a lot of the picture. For example, it cuts off about 4" from the left-hand side of the screen, and another inch from the bottom. I've tried working with the picture size, but even with the smaller images it cuts off that same amount (there's no problem when watching DVD's). Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, why am I paying to ask a simple question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought I was talking to the manufacturer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is a paid support service. If the tv is more than a year old samsung will not help you, and even if it is they will typically try to blame your other components rather than providing any real help.

If you wish to continue, with the understanding that this is not free, please give me the model number of the tv.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind--I would rather research it myself. If you can refund the money, please do so.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I cannot, we're all independent techs on our own personal time here, but you may from the help page.

If you decide you need more help with it, feel free to get back in touch.