Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I would like to know if I need to buy a new device to access

Customer Question

I would like to know if I need to buy a new device to access certain apps. Like CRTV?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is the Vizio M65-DO
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything seems to be fine, but I'm not sure how to watch LevinTV on my TV. I currently watch it on my computer or phone
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just r4ec'd my TV yesterday and am trying to figure it out. I can watch the apps that are on the cast
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, this is the only thing I'm interested right now and can't find an answer in the booklet
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

The vizio tv, while a "smart" tv is still very limited in scope and capability.

You only have access to a handful of apps that are preloaded on the tv. Vizio does not have an app store or means of adding additional content.

The best way to add that type of content would be to purchase an external streaming device such as a roku, roku4k, or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and speed as well.

One of these devices will plug into a hdmi port on the tv, and then connect to your home wifi network, have its own remote for navigation, and give you access to a large "app store" of content and channels.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,