Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a Samsung 53 inch plasma flat screen TV, Model #

Customer Question

We have a Samsung 53 inch plasma flat screen TV, Model # PN51 E450A1FXZA, Version # TD02, S/N Z4MX3CQC408255M. My husband is very hard of hearing, and has purchased an Oticon Streamer and ConnectLine to stream the TV through a bluetooth device directly to his hearing aids. We sent a picture of the back of our TV to the audiologist, and were told we could hook it up with the devices included, but we do not see how we can do it. We have a mini-jack adapter that will fit into the EX-LINK, and we think that is what the salesman told us to do at Best Buy, but my husband is worried that a)no one else will hear the TV if that adapter is in place and/or b) if the adapter has gone in, even if we pull it out again, it could disconnect our TV speakers such that we could not hear it normally again. Can you advise us on this is any way?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

I`ll start by saying that the EX-LINK on that tv has nothing to do with audio , that is used to control external Samsung equipment , no sound there

The only audio out of this tv is the optical audio out port and if you want to use this then you will need an optical to analog audio converter .

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

This kit here has all you need , click the link below ;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011O0N0UQ?psc=1

You have the small headphone plug adapter and optical cable to connect at the back of the tv as well as the 5 volts usb power cable that can also be taken on your tv and this will not cut the sound out of the tv speakers

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Other than that if you have only a cable box or satellite box connected to this tv then you could perhaps take the audio out of that box instead of the tv .

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

These cable box have analog audio out left/right at the back and with one of those cable adapter , click this link ;

http://www.primecables.com/p-305079-cab-audio-1f-to-2rca-m-audio-cable-35mm-1female-to-2-rca-male?gclid=Cj0KEQiAperBBRDfuMf72sr56fIBEiQAPFXszU4ab0Xg7j3mI3tsLDCY-VRvPoK1Q3a5ul6lhRyBglYaAgyu8P8HAQ

You can also find this locally at places like radio shack

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, thank you - you were very helpful. I hope when we get the set-up from Amazon, that we can hook it up without more trouble.
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

I will be here if you need help , no extra charges

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service