Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Tv will not power on. I get flash red from the power

Customer Question

Tv will not power on. I get flash red from the power indicator- 1 long and 3 short. Already unplugged over night
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

Was this something that happened out of the blue?no prior warnings?there are no blink codes with LG sets sorry

Let me know please

Anthony

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method whichI consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There was a "swirly" in the middle of the screen. Powered off, will not power back on.

The way it looks like the main-board has packed up how old is the set now please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do you mean packed up? Not sure if age, 3 years maybe.

Failed

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
In other words, need a new tv?

Would you be able to replace this yourself?I will provide all necessary info

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (upto 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Let me know if you need more info

The board is plug in no soldering no setting up

If you cant do this yourself a tech will charge around $220

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you

You can find a tech in your area using either of these links

www.tvrepairpros.com

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need more help please?I do not receive anything until you rate the answer positively thank you rating bar of stars is top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you

Anthony