Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Brand new 40" 5200 SERIES tv. While watchong netflis sound

Customer Question

Brand new 40" 5200 SERIES tv. While watchong netflis sound goes out in about 15 minutes. Took the first one back because of this problem. got a second never out of the box and same problem
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TV ia brand new. it is a Samsung 40" 5200 series
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv menue works. This is the only source is with this problem. Amazon, PBS and all others are fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The t.v. is brand new so it has happened on day 1. nothing happens before this. the picture is fine. the sound just disappears
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 13 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. You may also see requests for phone support. That is the site sending you those, not me.

Do you have the TV playing audio through a sound system or are you using the Samsung's internal speakers?

Let me know.

Steve