Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

There is a line in the screen which is black - sometimes the

Customer Question

there is a line in the screen which is black - sometimes the screen is full with the picture and little by little it's become very rhin. the sound is good
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: pannasonic - 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can see nothing - the line on the sreen is too thin -
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it' come suddently - now about 1 month
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I use a headphone to listen a tv without sound, but in that way the plug of the headphone on TV become silent, but now it's working.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-Are you with the tv right now?

-Are you able to do things like get the model number, plug in cables/cords, use the original Panasonic remote, etc?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

Do not start a new question for the same tv.

Use the reply option here.

-Are you with the tv right now?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will try to find the bill to check the model number, but it will take time. I don't know if I can fin on the tv - the tv is big and I am alone so it is difficult for me to move it. I am in front of the tv, with that line always in the screen - I don't have the original Panasonic remote. I am with RCN and they gave me a nw one. It is the third one that I have got from RCN. Do there is something to do with the renote control??
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. As a trained technician, I could help you with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

As I already stated, I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

Not sure if you read the answer that I just posted, so here it is again:

Please try this:

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I try what you suggest me but nothing is work.
thank you
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 days ago.

You're welcome.

Before you go, please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 days ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?