Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My tv keeps shutting of after 10 minutes i have unplugged

Customer Question

My tv keeps shutting of after 10 minutes i have unplugged power also checked that sleep settings are of and it is still doing it should i reset to factory default
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a teac with builtin dvd about 5 years old i think
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv menu works when the tv switchs of i can turn it back on but it will only stay on for about 10 minutes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened today nothing happened before
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

This problem is likely due to some components on the power supply circuitry that have failed.

Over time, electrolytic capacitors can dry up or leak, so they don't work as well once the TV has warmed up.

A TV repair tech can carry out some tests to locate the faulty components and replace them.

They will normally charge around $150-200 for this service, as it is quite time-consuming.

You may want to consider investing the money in a new TV instead, as you could get a new one in the sales for around the cost of repairing your old one.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------