Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I lost my remote to my TV. The universal Remote that I

Customer Question

I lost my remote to my Phillips TV. The universal Remote that I bought at a department store doesn't work?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Shirley and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...universal Remote..."

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
RCR311W 2416P
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried below codes ?

1002, 1009, 1014, 1036, 1051, 1056, 1060, 1061, 1066, 1067,1072, 1073, 1074, 1077, 1078, 1082, 1086, 1136, 1152, 1156, 1166, 1174, 1175, 1180, 1181

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I actually let it run on it's own until it was supposed to find the code on it's own.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Please try the above codes until matched.

It has to be posted that in some versions of this TV model, there may be a compatibility issue hence an original remote control is prewferred/needed.

And in some others, it may be the IR sensor of the TV itself that may be having issues.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is replacing the sensor that much of a problem?
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

IR sensor is an internal hardware issue. This would require that the TV be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

An original remote control then would serve as BOTH an attempt of a solution and as a test by process of elimination. If even with a new/known to be good remote and the TV would still not work as expected, then the internal IR sensor fault has been confirmed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THANKS
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

If of interest, an original Philips remote may be evaluated / inquired from HERE.