Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a Sony video tape player and it's connected to our

Customer Question

We have a Sony video tape player and it's connected to our Panasonic TV and I KNOW we've successfully watched tapes in the past, but now can't seem to pick the right buttons to make it work. Can you help??
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Viera LCD/TV. We've tried changing the input, leaving it set to TV, and have tried changing settings on both remote controls - can't figure it out!
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just last night we couldn't get it to work - haven't watched a tape in quite some time, and we checked to connections and batteries. Neither of us are very technical, so we're stumped...
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hmmm - the video remote is a VCRplus+ model RMT-V266B, the TV remote doesn't show a model number.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Bombs away - I'm ready for your answer, but my TV is in a different room.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Where are you - waiting for your response...
Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

Yes please give me a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

What type of cables /connection do you have between the vcr and tv ?
Is it coaxial in the antenna/cable terminal or color coded component cables ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
color coded
Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

O.k and what does it say at the back of the tv where those cables are connected ?

Which input number is ***** back there ?

Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

Make sure it says LINE OUT where those cables are connected at the vcr then insert a tape and play it.

Then at the tv use the INPUT button to set it at the input number written where those cables are connected .

If you`re not sure then press the input button repeatedly , this usually will let you go through all the inputs until you get to the correct one .

Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you