Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung PN51D6500 and it is turning itself off and

Customer Question

I have a Samsung PN51D6500 and it is turning itself off and restarting every 3 minutes or so. Plays everything just fine while it is working, but the restart loop is annoying and clearly not acceptable. Started last night.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung PN51D6500 51-Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3D Plasma HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL]
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: bought it in 2011
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yes, menu works. I don't have my dvr or game system plugged in, so only use the one hdmi port for the input from Direct TV receiver.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for the initial questions these are computer generated, the set for sure is going OFF?you see the power-light go to standby or change color or disappear altogether?

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You are correct. It is not turning completely off, or it would not startup again on it's own, which is what happens. It must be going into a sleep mode or something. I hear a click a few seconds after the screen goes black. The little red light in the lower left corner flashes a few times. But when it comes back it does not go through the same long process as when I turn the TV on from being powered off.

Seems like a power-board issue this board would be the one to replace do you think you can do this yourself?I will provide more info

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I know nothing about how to repair a TV. I would need specific step by step instructions.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00446a-power-supply-unit.htm <<click

Similar to above however use the partnumber begininng BN on the board itself

You get the back off the set find that board unplug and unscrew it from the chassis and reverse to fit replacement

If you need more help let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony