Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Samsung LED 1080p. The light that indicates that

Customer Question

We have a Samsung LED 1080p . The light that indicates that the tv is on keeps flickering and the TV is periodically turning on and off
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not sure of the model but we did unplug it and we haven't left for more than 1 hour
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menus work. When we switch inputs it does turn off, along with turning off randomly while on a station
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tv worked alright last night. It just happened this mo
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The TV is one of those 3D Tv's we've had it for about 5 yrs I'd say
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The Samsung set cycling itself On and Off with the light flickering like this is an internal hardware fault occurring. More specifically it is the "Mainboard" in the set which is failing, and ultimately requires replacement to fix the issue. That said, there are no pushbutton fixes for this. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, please respond back with the full model number off of the back of the TV and I will look up a source to purchase the Mainboard for you.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable trying to tackle yourself, a shop will typically charge between $200-$300 parts and labor to replace the Mainboard (depending on model and size) and can be located using the following link:

http://tvrepaircanada.com/

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?