Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV just suddenly started skipping over our local ABC

Customer Question

My TV just suddenly started skipping over our local ABC affiliate. I had no problem with channel 7 at all. Now, although the channel number will appear on screen when I hit the remote. The station will not come. Instead it'll skip to the next station. Nothing happened to the tv. I have no idea why this started.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a RCA E13320. It has a converter box. It has barely been used. It is approximately 15 yrs old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It is a RCA MODEL E13320. It has a converter box. It has barely been used & it is approximately 15 yrs old.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just started happening. I thought my boyfriend had done something to it because it was fine when I was watching it. He had been watching another channel. He swears that he did nothing wrong to it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of another other than I've tried other antennas & nothing happened.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;

Send me a hello if you still need help with this