Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We just purchased a new TV and set up everything as the

Customer Question

We just purchased a new TV and set up everything as the manual shows but we keep getting this message on the TV says Please run auto channel scan could you please help us?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: The make is a Proscan Model PLED4924
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the TV menu works. On the other sources/imputs they only one that works is the TV all the other ones says no signal.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just purchased it today an was setting it up for the first time.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that seems to be the only problem is trying to set the TV up for the first time
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Hello

You should be able to skip the channel search/scan if you are not connected to an antenna .

Simply press the INPUT button repeatedly on the remote until you get to whatever is connected , be it cable box , satellite receiver etc.

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request and although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Did you try to change the input instead of going through that first time setup ?

As I said , unless you need to do a channel search you should be able to get out of there after language setup

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Please do not open other posts , we are not allowed to reply to duplicates anyway

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

I know you are seeing every replies I`m sending you , it shows the second you are looking at it so please send me a reply here