Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My mother has a 32" flatscreen that we can't find out how to

Customer Question

My mother has a 32" flatscreen that we can't find out how to put it on channel 3 so that a Comcast Cable connection can be made. Any help, please?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I'm not near the TV, but is was an inexpensive model purchased at Best Buy tow months ago.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday, my brother was using the TV remote to try and change the picture size. Apparently, he inadvertently changed the channel but channel numbers do not appear on the screen.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Hello

What is most likely happening now is that the input was switched and is no longer in TV mode where it is supposed to be.

Without the model number or brand name I can still suggest to look on the remote for a button called either INPUT , SOURCE or TV/VIDEO then press that button and select tv or just press it repeatedly to go through the inputs until it gets back to TV mode and channel 3

Another way that this could work is to simply enter the digits 0 and 3 (channel 3) directly on the remote and the tv will revert to tv mode channel 3

Either ways this is how you will get your channel 3 back

If that answers your question please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks- -I'll give it a shot.
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.