Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Toshiba tv that is approximately 5 yrs old and a

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba tv that is approximately 5 yrs old and a cable box. I don't see anywhere on the back of the tv that says tv/cable to put the cord into. Not sure if I can even hook this up this way. My other tv was very old
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: All I have is a model number 37HLC56 and it's about 3-5 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I' I'm just now for the first time trying to hook it up
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here, the cable box will have either HDMI outputs or RCA component outputs red\green\blue or at the very least RCA composite outputs red\white\yellow its these that you use if it has HDMI on the box and on the TV use that as that is the best option, can you see this on the box and TV?if not I will need the model number of the box too please.

(If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.)

Anthony

Do you need more help please?

Anthony

If not>>

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the sitethank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony