Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Well I don't think it's all TV related or operator error. We

Customer Question

Well I don't think it's all TV related or operator error. We are trying to connect our DVD player again and for some reason we can't get the volume of the DVD to come out - we are only getting the TV volume We had it plugged in before, but sometimes we will switch it off & on with our Roku stick, so I'm sure we just don't have the cables for the DVD player plugged into the correct port.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Insignia LCD Color TV 14E24A. I this the right number you need? I've just been looking at the ports in the back of the TV in addition to the ports on the back of the DVD player. The DVD player is a Sony mfg. piece.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu does work & no, we don't have this same problem, but it's the only additional items that we plug in.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know how long. We just tried to watch a movie yesterday and realized that we weren't able to get any volume from the DVD player, we can only get volume for whatever channel we are watching on the TV. I can't really say what happened right before it popped up.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I just think I need to know where I tell the DVD player's volume should be used instead of the normal volume from just the TV station we are watching.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Are you using only the tvs internal speakers, or is there some external sound system?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We have a sound bar
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Okay can you please give me the complete model number of the tv (what you sent earlier is incomplete or incorrect) as well as the soundbar, and tell me exactly how everything is connected (what cords between each device)