Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 2yr old Samsung 75 in LED smart tv. about 5 mths

Customer Question

I have a 2yr old Samsung 75 in LED smart tv. about 5 mths ago I noticed a slightly darker band across the middle of the tv. In the last couple of weeks I now have a dark band across the top of the tv screen as well as the middle. I paid over $3,000 for this tv 2yrs ago & Iwould expect it to give me yrs of good tv viewing. Dissapointed
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-Does the problem affect all inputs, apps, and tv menu?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Not sure why you cannot reply....

The problem you are having is a failure inside the tv that will require diagnosis, parts, and service (starting around $250). If you have an extended warranty, you need to contact them. Otherwise I recommend contacting Samsung(###) ###-####to report the issue and they can provide you with authorized local repair shops. After the tv has been diagnosed, you can bargain with Samsung on what part of the repair they will cover or even get a credit toward a trade-in.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks