Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Second opinion] - Thank you. I bought a Sony 4K tv and

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hello. Thank you. I bought a Sony 4K tv and within 3 months it developed a hin blue line vertically on the screen. Can you help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I need a moment for model number. Bought it mid December last year. was Black Friday shopping online, thought to google the issue, saw it was a fairly common problem.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: what should I push on remote to check on this?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it started around late Feb, early march. Nothing unusual happened, just turned it on 1 day and the line appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can give you a description that might allow you to figure the model #. Otherwise I can probably do it up. Thank you, ***** ***** describe it to technician before filling out the form?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This is indeed a common problem on modern LCD TVs.

Can you check if all input types are affected (e.g. cable TV, dvd player, etc)?

If all inputs are affected then the TV has a fault which should be covered by Sony's warranty so your best option is to get in touch with them rather than attempt a costly repair yourself.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------