Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

TV model 32LD8800TA has picture but loses sound frequently,

Customer Question

TV model 32LD8800TA has picture but loses sound frequently
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: Model Name: 32LD8800TA 32 inch
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works. Its attached to a new LG Blu ray DVD player/recorder last Monday
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I seemed to have had a problem for several weeks and so bought the new LG Recorder. I also cleaned the copper centre core on my Antenna that plugs int DVD player. Perhaps the TV is getting old ?
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sound failure is more frequent since this afternoon; I have had picture blackout of picture occurred with the previous DVD player/Recorder, but the LG seems to have avoided this; "sound goes off just as the detective announces who did the crime!"
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 7 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, please describe how the new LG Recorder is connected to the 32LD8800TA using what kind of cable(s).