Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We moved our vizio M422i-B1 to a vacation home and left the

Customer Question

we moved our vizio M422i-B1 to a vacation home and left the remote at home. Have picture, but no sound. Is there anyway to turn on tv speakers without remote
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M422iB1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: how can i get the menu without the remote
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't think you understand. We left the remote at home yesterday. can we turn on speakers without it
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately there is only a single button that the rear that can be used for power and input alone .

If you have a cable box or satellite receiver at your vacation home then there is a chance it could be programmed to operate it or if there is a local betsbuy , walmart , target or any store that sells universal remotes you could get a cheap $10 universal remote , just make sure it says Vizio tv on the package and finally you have the original at the link below for $15 ;

http://remotebarn.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=M422i-B1

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you