Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

How do I connect my Samsung SUHD 65" Flat Screen via Wi-Fi

Customer Question

How do I connect my Samsung SUHD 65" Flat Screen via Wi-Fi Connect to my Sony Vaio PC?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It is UN60JS7000...
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes and I did try to connect on the menu to a device, but unsuccessfully.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just trying today, because of some temporary outage of our satellite. The TV works, all is good, just trying to see if I can connect to my PC.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We will be getting our satellite up and running tomorrow, what we are doing will not influence this, right? Also, with what you are about to do will it allow us to do future connection. I did forget to mention that we had downloaded Samsung Smart View, realizing this is for file view only.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You need to have a device to case to the TV, such as a Google Chrome Cast

www.google.com/chromecast

This connects to the TV, and your wifi network and you then can cast anything shown on your computer (or phone) to the TV

But you need to have a casting device in order to do this. It cannot be directly from the computer to the TV unless you do it via a cable.