Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Ccccc, pro-1130HD 10 yrs old, The red light in lower left

Customer Question

ccccc
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: pro-1130HD 10 yrs old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The red light in lower left corner blinks. Normally is is a constant red and turns green when the tv is turned on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV was working fione this mornig. Would not work this evenilng. No power problems
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 12 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried unplugging the Pioneer for an extended period of time? ...and then plug back in but into a different outlet.

Note if the described "...red light in lower left corner blinks..." would commence immediately upon plugging back in. ...or only after attempting to turn on.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The blinking red light commences immediately upon plugging it back in.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 days ago.

This would be indicative of an internal hardware issue or more particularly a failure in the power supply circuit; a low or missing secondary voltage.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No meter and no soldering iron Looks like it is time to call a real live repairman
Expert:  Louie replied 12 days ago.

I understand.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Still, please click HERE. Select your state/location and/or key in your Zip Code then click/tap on the Submit button. Next window would display NESDA certified / accredited TV Repair Shops.