Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Video "smart tv" and have two issues: I would like

Customer Question

hi. I have a Video "smart tv" and have two issues: I would like to play Netflix on it.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I can run Neflix no problem off my apple Laptop (Apple Pro?). But Netflix says I need a "authorization code" to get set up on a smart tv. I have been able to just run Netflix off of my Apple TV device, but now when I turn to the appropriate channel HDMI 3 (or 1) it says "No Signal." So really I have two separate needs.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: On the laptop? Yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope just help with smart tv "authorization code" to connect netflix to Vizio TV and ideas/trouble shooting why my apple TV is not working and both HDMI 1 and 3 say "no signal." I am able to run on demand with tv and premium channels no problem. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

What is the model of the tv?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vizio E309i
Can you help me solve the apple tv/ "HDMI" "No Signal" Issue too?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no phone too much $$$ thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, I was running my apple TV with no problem (changing input on cable from HDMI 2 to HDMI 3 (maybe 1, i forget) and one day, it just stopped.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

For the netflix authorization, the process is that you'd go into the netflix app on the tv, and it should prompt you with an on screen activation code (shown on the tv), which you'll then jot down and on your computer go to netflix.com/activate, where you'll type in the code from the tv, sign in to your account, and then it will be registered.

If you aren't getting to that point, there may be something wrong with the wifi connection to the tv, or the tv itself.

As for the appletv, can you try it on hdmi2, where presumably your cable/satellite box is connected, and let me know if it is recognized there?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.