Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have had a Mitsubishi 65 DLP for over 10 years and had to

Customer Question

Tim I have had a Mitsubishi 65 DLP for over 10 years and had to replace lightbulb 3 times. My question it looks like the main operating component is the light. thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: stand by please., purchased 5/25/10. Model WD65727 DLP HDTV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES. WONDERING IF SOMETHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE CLEANED, NO WARRANT WORK HAS EVER BEEN DONE
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NO POPPING, JUST A BRIGHTNESS ISSUE, HAVE TO BE AT MAX ALL THE TIME, EVEN WITH FACTORY LIGHT
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO THANK YOU
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

I'm not quite understanding, are you saying that the picture is too dim, even at the highest setting, and even with a new OEM (philips/osram) lamp?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
everything has to be at its brightest level
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do not want a phone call and pay the extra. you are nice, but this process could be expensive and I want to discontinue this service, thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

We can certainly continue here, the call is optional and I can ignore that if not wanted.

Thank you for the information.

When was the lamp last replaced?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would like to cancel this subscription
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
cancel order please
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

I'm just the tech, spending my own personal time, entirely unpaid at this point, trying to help you.

You may cancel from the help page. If you decide you wish to continue, please provide the requested information.