Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Ht-j4500 is the issue, home entertainment system, not a tv,

Customer Question

ht-j4500 is the issue
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: home entertainment system, not a tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have plugged an amazon firestick into my insignia tv. I have connected the tv to my ht-j4500 with audio cables in the AUX IN port. I do not get any sound when I put the ht-j4500 in the AUX mode.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just plugged the Amazon firestick in today and made the audio connections.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ma'am
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Hello, Please get me the model number off of the back of the Insignia TV so I can take a look at it.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

I need to reference the connections and settings on the TV, so that model number is *****

Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

Do you need assistance with this? I can definitely help, but I need to be able to look up the TV.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The tv is wall mounted and I am physically unable to take it down.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can send you a pic of the tv and of the panel where hdmi and other I/O are located.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

That would be great - please do and I can help you sort this!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here are pics of the insignia tv
Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Thanks, I'm pulling up the manual now.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

The TV uses the Orange single RCA plug on the side for it's audio out. That's the only audio out on the set, and it's a "Digital" connection- meaning the standard red and white plugs on the soundbar will not work (The Red and White on the TV are for the "Component Video INPUT"- they are not audio outs).

You need a "Digital Coaxial to Optical Converter" to connect the Samsung system to the TV.

A single RCA cable will connect from the Orange jack on the TV to the "INPUT" of the converter, and then a single "Optical cable" will connect from the "OUTPUT" of the converter to the Samsung. This will give you sound.

The converter and optical cable are both at the following links for purchase:

Converter:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/C2G-40018-Coax-Optical-Audio-Converter/22229275

Optical Cable:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/.com-DCD14202-.com-TOSLINK-Digital-Audio-Optical-Cable-6-Black/38236251

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 days ago.

Please view the answer to your question above for the solution to your question.

Customer: replied 14 hours ago.
I researched the items you suggested and they are not available locally. I ordered them online just a few minutes ago. Will update once I have received them and installed. Thank you!
Expert:  Aric replied 14 hours ago.

You're welcome.