Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

TH-50PZ80U television sometimes cannot turn on. Red power

Customer Question

TH-50PZ80U television sometimes cannot turn on. Red power LED next to power switch flashes 10X, waits a few seconds, repeats, ad infitinitum. Disconnecting power cord and/or waiting a while (10 min?) seems to restore normal operation. Usually happens if TV is repowered soon after turning off. In this mode, it does not respond to remote, or front panel switch.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: make and model number at start of question. Never happened before. Recently replaced panasonic DVD player with new Sony. But this occurs even if DVD player is not connected to HDMI.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A few days.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I pull the power plug, the TV LED continues to blink for several seconds, then stops. If I replug power, I will hear a click (like a relay), and red LED flashing resumes, and TV will then not respond to remote, or power switch, or anything. Only if I unplug, wait, and replug and don't hear the click and see the flashing, can I then turn on normally, with either remote or front panel. And then everything OK until next turn off.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

The saving grace here is the set does come on eventually as in most cases of 10 blinks that is not the case most suspicious at this time is the power-board so an examination of the capacitors on the power-board is needed initially, this is a visual check however we still may need to replace it can you do this yourself?I will provide all the necessary info to do that please let me know.

If you see a message for a phone call I do NOT use this facility sorry, the message is sent by the site

Please consider at this point rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need more help please?

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 days ago.

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is then conveyed by yourself when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you,the site will only then release credit to me, please note the question does not close and remains open for 30 days, thanks again.

Rating me positively will allow the site to release credit to me thank you

Anthony