Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We purchased a Vizio 55" TV last Aug & are note happy with

Customer Question

We purchased a Vizio 55" TV last Aug & are note happy with the audio. The background noise & music on many shows & sporting events drowns out the voice. We have not really enjoyed many of our favorite events & shows
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Looking for this info
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Most shows with no background noise or music are not a problems, At most all sporting events the crowd noise drowns out the announcers
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since we purchase the set in Aug at the local Best Buy
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Instruction manual is E43u-D2
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, The "Source" you're viewing on the TV can be as much of the problem as the TV itself- so please tell me what it is you're viewing on the set when the issue occurs (for example: Cable Box, SAT Box, internal TV APPS, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Also, in your TV "Audio" settings (in the MENU) there are options for turning the "Surround Sound" ON/OFF (default is ON). If you haven't already tried that then I would suggest shutting it OFF as it will accentuate background sounds and music- over-powering the dialogue. Let me know what you've tried so far.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

I'm unsure why you've logged off, but also check the "Volume Leveling" feature in the Audio MENU, try it both ON and OFF as this will affect how the dialog is heard.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK Ill try turning off the surround sound Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

You're welcome, also check the "Volume Leveling" feature in the Audio MENU, try it both ON and OFF as this will affect how the dialog is heard.

Additionally, if using a Cable Box also try rebooting the box by pulling it's power cord for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. All sound is generated in the box first- then sent to the TV.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.