Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE A PANASONIC TH-50PZ77U IT WILL NOT TURN ON GETTING

Customer Question

I HAVE A PANASONIC TH-50PZ77U IT WILL NOT TURN ON GETTING 10RED FLASHING LIGHT
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: NO IT WAS ON AND JUST SWITCH OFF AND RED LIGHT START FLASHING 10 TIME
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES AND NO THE MENU
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: IT WAS WORKING FINE IT JUST HAPPEN TODAY MODEL IS TH-50PZ77U
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand this is caused when an internal component shorts (an IC regulator, capacitor, or dozens of other possible components). The 10 blink code is a general "fault" code indicating the TV cannot power up due to a fault internally. Unfortunately 10 blinks does not point directly to one specific fault. It could be caused by the power board, the mainboard, or possibly even the sustain board (which produce the plasma image on the screen).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
TRY THAT DID NOT WORK
Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.
If that does not work, then the only other thing you can try on a user level is to leave the set unplugged for an hour or more in the hopes that it resets. However I don't have high hopes for that working, and on average you're looking at a $300-$450 repair on this model for a 10 blink code. Testing inside of the TV using a multi-meter is needed to determine what has failed specifically, with the most common faults being the Power Board, Mainboard, or Sustain Boards. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.