Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Logo light blinks, tv won't function, sharp Aquos 60" LED,

Customer Question

logo light blinks, tv won't function
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: sharp Aquos 60 " LED
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no, screen is black but we can hear volume
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about a week. watching a movie screen went black, logo started blinking
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

What is the complete model number of the tv, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looking for it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The phone call will be an additional $26?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model #
LC-60LE832U
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is taking too long, never mind. Please refund me my money.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed. I had asked for some information within a minute of your initial question but you were not online for another 30 minutes after.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This is a typical service life for this brand.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, assuming parts can even be found. Sharp tv repairs are often impossible because they are very poorly supported in terms of parts availability.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.